Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kazem el-Saher - Love Schoolكاظم الساهر - مدرسة الحبMadrasat el-Hob

Updated media and translation

The lyrics are from a Nizar Qabbani poen. The original translation was very hastily done, but I've updated it now.



Kazem el-Saher - Love School

Loving you taught me how to be sad
I've been in need for ages for a woman to make me sad
For a women for me to cry in her arms like a sparrow

For a woman to gather my pieces like shards of broken crystal
Loving you, milady, taught me my worst habits
It taught me to open my cup at night a thousand times
And try herbal medicine and knock on the doors of fortune-tellers
It taught me to leave my house to comb the sidewalks
And follow your face with the rains in the headlights of cars
The light of your eyes is millions of stars
Oh woman, you made the world spin
Oh my pain!

Loving you, milady, made me enter the cities of sadness
Cities of sadness that I had not entered before you
I didn't ever know that tears make you human
That someone without sadness is a vestige of a human

Loving you taught me to act like a child
To draw your face with chalk on the walls
Oh woman, you overturned my history
I've been cut up as sacrifice to you
From artery to artery
Loving you taught me how love can change the map of time
It taught me how when you love the world stops turning
Loving you taught me things that were never expected

I've read childrens stories and entered the castles of the kings of the Jinn
And I dreamed that the sultan's daughter (ie, her) would marry me
Her eyes were clearer than the water of the gulfs
Her lips were more crimson than pomegranate blossoms
And I dreamed that I took her like a knight
And I dreamed that I gave her bracelets of pearl and coral
Loving you, milady, taught me about delirium
It taught me how the years can pass without the sultan's daughter coming


كاظم الساهر - مدرسة الحب

علمني حبكِ ان احزن
وانا محتاج منذ عصور لامرأه تجعلني احزن
لامرأه ابكي فوق ذراعيها مثل العصفور

لامرأه تجمع اجزائي كشظايا البلور المكسور
علمني حبكِ سيدتي اسوأ عاداتي
علمني افتح فنجاني في الليله الاف المرات
واجرب طب العطارين واطرق باب العرافات
علمني اخرج من بيتي لامشط ارصفه الطرقات
واطارد وجهك بالامطار وفي اضواء السيارات
والملم من عينيكِ ملايين النجمات
ياامرأه دوخت الدنيا ياوجعي ياوجع النايات

ادخلني حبك سيدتي مدن الاحزان
وانا من قبلك لم ادخل مدن الاحزان
لم اعرف ابدا ان الدمع هو الانسان
ان الانسان بلا حزن ذكرى انسان
علمني حبك ان اتصرف كالصبيان
ان ارسم وجهك بالطبشور على الحيطان

ياامرأه قلبت تاريخي اني مذبوح فيكِ
من الشريان الى الشريان
علمني حبكِ كيف الحب يغير خارطه الازمان
علمني اني حين احب تكف الارض عن الدوران
علمني حبك اشياء ماكانت ابدا في الحسبان

وقرأت اقاصيص الاطفال دخلت قصور ملوك الجان
وحلمت بان تتزوجني بنت السلطان
تلك العيناها اصفى من ماء الخلجان
تلك الشفتاها اشهى من زهر الرمان
وحلمت باني اخطفها مثل الفرسان
وحلمت باني اهديها اطواق اللؤلؤ والمرجان
علمني حبك ياسيدتي ماالهذيان
علمني كيف يمر العمر ولا تأتي بنت السلطان

ادخلني حبك سيدتي مدن الاحزان
وانا من قبلك لم ادخل مدن الاحزان
لم اعرف ابدا ان الدمع هو الانسان
ان الانسان بلا حزن ذكرى انسان

No comments:

Post a Comment